New Progress - Content creation is 90% finished

I've managed to make significant progress on getting site functions back online. I will just say this straight off though. The is still no file upload functionality. You've got to copy paste into the editor for the time being, no way around that. now we just need to create some how toos and a few faq's to fill a few things up. It's going to take a while, but we'll find out as we go along. But I will say this, once I get some folk saying yea this site is now able to take in new content. I'm going to do the legacy migrate by hand, but that's how that is and will slowly fill the archive as we go. I'd like to thank everyone who has helped out on this, and I hope we can keep working on it more.

Here'a a list of what works now:

  • Forums
  • Galleries
  • Blogs
  • Story creation
  • Adding a chapter

These are the big ones that we needed to get functioning and now we are there. I'm happy to report that all we have to do now is have a couple of folk try it out and then tell me it's to their liking. This is mostly so we can say that things are useable. But do me a favor and keep an eye out for any issues that may crop up. Drop me a pm, a comment, or post in the forum. Don't mention file uploads cause I am still working on that.

It's taken longer then I would have liked, but I think I've managed to get to where I wanted to be with all of this. I hope you all enjoy and help me make this a better site as I can.

Update: Bug Hunt is on!

Already found one bug that was causing issues, it seems that the way I had it set to redirect to create a new chapter as soon as you created a new story wasn't quite working as I wanted it. It wasn't prepoulating it to the story/book outline you have just created. So now I have to figure out a bit MORE of that and reconcider my thought process on part of it. I'll need to keep working on that a little but it's probably a simple rethink on when you get sent to a specific point.

Update 2: Imagemagick bug fixed - Seems that while Imagemagick, while installed, needed a modification of the php.ini to be accessable by drupal. That's solved now and I'm back to work finagling other issues.

Tags: